There could be a number of reasons why your payment is being declined. If you are experiencing this issue, here are a couple of things to try to complete your payment and order:
1) Make sure you have entered the security code correctly from the back of the card.
2) Verify that your bank address matches the billing address entered for your order.
3) Some cards require a second authentication step besides checkout - you could be re-directed to their app, or asked to enter a code. Please make sure that you complete this.
4) Contact your bank to understand if they need any authorization for the payment to go through on our site, or if they're blocking the transaction in any way.
5) Try different cards or payment methods.
6) Try paying using PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account to do this). You can restart the checkout process from the basket page: https://www.trouva.com/basket.
7) Try clearing cookies and cache from your internet history, which could prevent the payment.
💡 Tip: To understand which payment methods are available for each country, please visit our payments article.
If the problem continues and you're unable to process your payment, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It would be very helpful if you can send over key information to us including:
- Screenshots of your basket when you've tried to pay.
- Info on what payment method(s) you're using, or have tried.
- What browser(s) and device(s) you're using or have tried.
- Email address being used for checkout.
- Items in your chart.