We do accept international returns but there are some customs/duties requirements. If you are returning goods from outside of the EU and/or needing to produce a customs declaration, please note goods MUST be marked as "Returned goods" with ZERO commercial value. Failure to do so, or to declare any value on the shipment, may result in import duty and/or taxes being applied to the returned goods, which will be deducted from any refunds payable or recharged to your payment method.
Articles in this section
- Can I return food items?
- Can I return plants?
- Can I return items internationally?
- Which products cannot be returned?
- How do I return an item?
- What is your Returns Policy?
- Why have I been offered a refund for an out of stock item?
- My order is faulty
- My order arrived damaged
- My item isn't as described